All the top names in fashion gathered together last night at the 2013 Met Gala. The theme this year was Punk: Chaos to Couture. Not my first choice but definitely interesting. I was looking forward to seeing everyone’s different perception of what punk is and how extreme some would go. Sarah Jessica Parker, for instance, wore a full-on mohawk headpiece while Kim Kardashian opted for a floral turtleneck dress complete with matching gloves and shoes.
I was expecting to see studs, leather, black and everything else considered punk. There was definitely all of those aspects and some celebrities seemed to nail the theme a bit better than others. On that note, here are my top ten picks for best Met Gala looks!
1. Rooney Mara was my absolute favorite of the night. I mean let’s get real, she did have a tiny head start playing the dark character of Lisbeth Salander in Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Rooney looked radiant in a white, semi sheer Givenchy dress with its plunging neckline. I love how she went with a dark plum lip and pulled back hairstyle. Kudos, girl!
2. Blake Lively in Gucci. Enough said. Is there a time when she doesn’t look beautiful? I love her choice of gown, hair and makeup. Everything ties together so nicely and isn’t too drastic that she takes away from her wonderful persona.
3. Miranda Kerr wore Michael Kors and knocked it out of the park. I have a serious girl crush on Miranda so I might be a tad bias. She looks stunning in this MK gown! I love the fact it’s a simple silhouette with cut outs on the bodice that show offs Victoria’s Secret figure. Plus, Miranda looks genuinely happy to be there and shows off her true smile, which is refreshing to see.
5. Victoria’s Secret angel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was statuesque in Gucci on last night’s red carpet. Her makeup is fabulous and serves as a nice complement to the deep green of her dress. The semi sheer mesh bodice definitely fills the vibes for the punk theme!
6. Amber Heard in a sequin and lace gown by Emilio Pucci. Normally, I’m not the biggest fan of red dresses on the red carpet because it blends in for obvious reasons. However, Amber was most definitely not lost in the crowd at last night’s Met Gala. Even though her dress is pretty busy, I like how she kept her hair side swept with soft waves.
7. I have another girl crush on Emmy Rossum. She wore a white Donna Karen gown with makeup that reminded me of Black Swan (in a good way!) She uploaded a picture to Instagram of a profile view of her hair and it was insane! It was braided, messy and completely amazing.
9. Emma Watson looked beautiful in a Prabal Gurung dress featuring asymmetrical cut outs on the bodice and a long skirt. I’m a huge fan of her makeup and minimal accessories (note the one long earring.) Emma always looks put together and stylish!
10. Nicole Richie opted for a sequin dress from Topshop. An interesting choice for the Met Gala but I think she looked great. Although I understand why her hair is grey, I think she could have went without it. I’m obsessed with her studded, ear cuff and dark lip that adds the punk edge to this sleek dress.
Who was your favorite at the 2013 Met Gala?