Awards season is upon us and what better time to host a viewing party to make all of your friends and relatives feel like the stars they are. Hosting a Golden Globe viewing party to watch all of your favorite celebrities walk down the red carpet is simple & fun if you follow these easy steps:
1. Send an invitation: You can shoot out an e-mail or create an evite. Simply include all of the party information and tell your guests if it's cocktail attire. Be sure to use fun wording to get everyone into the Golden Globe spirit.
2. Stock The Munchies: Hit up the market for some popcorn, soda's and yummy snacks. Everyone likes munching while they watch TV.
3. Create a Screening Area: If you're hosting the party at home, pull out plenty of chairs, pillows and create places for seating. You will want all of your guests to be comfortable.
4. Bust Out The Red Carpet: If you are a true Globes fanatic, you can create a mini red carpet by your front door. Finding red fabric should be easy if you have a local thrift store such as Joanne's or Hobby Lobby. You can also leave out Polaroid camera's for people to take fun pictures.
5. Make Ballots: Give your guests the option of entering a contest. Create fake ballots and print them out on your computer. Before the awards show begins, have everyone make predictions on who the winners will be. You can even give out candy as a reward to those who guess right.
6. Have Fun: Be the hostess with the mostest and always have fun at your own party! People will follow your lead.
As seen above, here are some perfect party dresses for a Golden Globe viewing get together:
Halston Heritage ~ One Teaspoon ~ Pleasure Doing Business ~ Halston Heritage